Auction 18, for 1 spectrum licence, was conducted as an online auction via the Trade Me website on 30 October – 6 November 2019.
|Licence Transmit Location||Frequency
|Final Price (Incl. GST)||Winning Bidder||Licence No|
|21 Racecourse Road, Omakau (Otago)||89.5 MHz (FM)||$1,150||$1,150||Adam Rubie||267371(external link)|
A public auction for these licences was held over 30 October – 6 November 2019 on the Trade Me website. The auction was managed by Skylark on behalf of Radio Spectrum Management.
Terms and conditions for the winning bidder
- Set up your broadcasting service within 2 years of getting your licence. You need to be on air within 21 months or you could lose your frequency.
- Pay an annual fee of $150.00 per year to keep your licence current. Each licence is valid until 2 April 2031.
Having a licence doesn’t automatically give you the right to broadcast from a certain site. You'll need to talk to the site owner or landlord to get approval to broadcast from your preferred location.
General information for broadcasters and bidders
You can modify the licence parameters from those currently licensed. You need to get an Approved Radio Engineer to do this for you and pay engineering fees agreed with your ARE. We won’t accept modifications if they substantially decrease service to the public.
You may need to pay:
- a one off resource charge when the licence is modified for an increase in population coverage.
- levies to the Broadcasting Standards Authority (BSA) under the Broadcasting Act 1989.
- performing rights and artist copy right or royalty fees to OneMusic NZ.