What you need to know

You must get an Approved Radio Certifier (ARC) or an Approved Radio Engineer (ARE) to apply for a licence on your behalf.

You have protection from interference from other radio transmitters. If you do cause interference to other licensed services, you must stop transmitting.


$50.00 per repeater, beacon

$50.00 per fixed link transmitter

Additional costs:

An engineering fee, agreed between you and your ARC or ARE.

With this licence you must:

Follow the technical parameters of the licence that is crafted for you. This includes operating:

  • on the specified frequency
  • up to a maximum power
  • from a defined transmitting location to a defined receiving location.

Pay an annual licence fee to keep your licence current.

Not operate in a way that causes interference to other radio services.


  1. Once your the licence is certified you’ll get an email

    Follow the instructions in the email to confirm your licence.

    Make payment if requested.

  2. You’ll receive a further email, confirming that your licence has been granted.

    This contains important information that you need to know about transmitting on your new licence.

  3. Set up your equipment at the location(s) on your licence.

  4. Start transmitting from the date on your licence.