Fixed location licences

You'll need this type of licence to operate land-based radio transmitting equipment for linking between fixed points from one location to another.

Types of fixed link licences

There are two types of fixed link licence:

  • General User Radio Licence (GURL) for Fixed Link Services. This is a free licence.
  • Fixed link licence. This is a licence you must pay for.


GURL scenario

I'm a wireless internet service provider (WISP) that wants to expand our network.

You can operate under a General User Radio Licence for Fixed Link Services

Paid licence scenario

I have a company with a satellite office nearby. I want to connect my satellite office to the head office in a reliable way. I want protection from other users of the radio spectrum. I know that there are lots of options for deploying fixed links.

Apply for a Fixed link licence (paid)