Itinerant Differential GPS GURL

With this licence you can own and operate radio transmitting equipment used to provide accurate position fixing in conjunction with radionavigation satellite services.

About itinerant differential GPS

The radionavigation satellite services are known as GPS, GLONASS, or Galileo. The system involves installing a temporary transmitter at a known fixed location to transmit correction data to roving receivers for highly accurate position fixing.

About this General User Radio Licence (GURL)

The licence you operate under is a General User Radio Licence (GURL). This means you can transmit without the need to get a licence in your own name or pay licence fees.

You share the spectrum with all other people who are using the same frequency and power at the same time as you. If someone else operating within the parameters of the licence causes interference to your service, you should select another available to use from the GURL.


You can view this GURL in the Register of Radio Frequencies (RRF) under Licence number 247430(external link).

For the terms and conditions and operating frequencies for this GURL, see the Gazette notice(external link).


$0.00 — there's no fee no fee for a General User Radio Licence (GURL). All fees associated with this licence are paid for by Radio Spectrum Management (RSM).

Your responsibilities

You must follow the technical parameters and restrictions of the licence, which include operating on a specific frequency up to the maximum power.

You must not operate in a way that causes interference to other licensed radio services. If you cause interference to other paid licensed services, you must stop transmitting.

Your equipment

Your equipment must comply with the relevant radio standards and relevant technical parameters for this licence.

Compliance labelling

If you bought your equipment in New Zealand, and it's labelled with an RSM-approved RCM mark or R-NZ label, you can start using it immediately. If it's not labelled with an RCM mark or R-NZ label, go back to your supplier and get New Zealand approved equipment.

If you bought your equipment online or overseas, you may not be able to set it up to operate on New Zealand frequencies. Go back to your supplier and ask for equipment with an approved RCM mark or R-NZ label.