• Aircraft licence

    Aeronautical licences are used for communicating to or from aircraft or an aeronautical base station.

  • Amateur repeater, beacon, or fixed link licence

    You'll need a licence to operate amateur equipment such as repeaters, beacons and fixed links, as they require coordination with other radio services.

    These services can only be used by radio amateur operators in New Zealand.

  • Broadcasting licences

    You'll need a broadcasting licence if you want to broadcast on radio or television in New Zealand.

  • Fixed location licences

    You'll need this type of licence to operate land-based radio transmitting equipment for linking between fixed points from one location to another.

  • Managed spectrum park licences

    The 2.5 GHz Managed Spectrum Park (MSP) licence is intended for local and regional services. It's designed to encourage a flexible, cooperative, low cost and self-managed approach to spectrum allocation and use.

  • Maritime/ship licences

    A full ship radio station licence is required for vessels to be listed in the ITU-R list of ship stations. Licences are also required for maritime repeaters and MF/HF and remotely accessed VHF coast stations.

  • Mobile licences

    Mobile licences are used for communicating with people and networks around New Zealand.

  • Radio paging licences

    There are two types of radio paging licence — local area and wide area.

  • Radiodetermination licences

    These licenses allow you to find out the position, velocity, or other characteristics of an object using radio transmitting equipment.

  • Regional broadband licences

    The 3.30–3.34 GHz band has been opened for regional broadband networks.

  • Satellite licences

    With this licence you can operate earth-based radio transmitting equipment for communications through earth orbiting satellites.