Auction 19, Licences for FM sound broadcasting
Auction 19, for 3 spectrum licences, was conducted as an online auction via the Trade Me website on 4– 11 March 2020.
|Licence Transmit Location||Frequency (MHz FM)||Reserve Price (Incl. GST)||Final Price (Incl. GST)||Winning Bidder||Licence No.|
|Main St Methven||104.5||$1,479||$11,000||Brian FM||270401|
|Putaruru Reservoir||104.2||$2,700||$24,050||Mediaworks Radio Limited||270402|
|Main St Methven||100.5||$1,510||$20,000||Brian FM||271506|
The auction was managed by Skylark on behalf of Radio Spectrum Management.
Terms and conditions for the winning bidder
- Set up your broadcasting service within 2 years of getting your licence. You need to be on air within 21 months or you could lose your frequency.
- Pay an annual fee of $150.00 per year to keep your licence current. Each licence is valid until 2 April 2031.
Having a licence doesn’t automatically give you the right to broadcast from a certain site. You'll need to talk to the site owner or landlord to get approval to broadcast from your preferred location.
General information for broadcasters and bidders
You can modify the licence parameters from those currently licensed. You need to get an Approved Radio Engineer (ARE) to do this for you and pay engineering fees agreed with your ARE. We won’t accept modifications if they substantially decrease service to the public.
You may need to pay:
- A one off resource charge when the licence is modified for an increase in population coverage.
- Levies to the Broadcasting Standards Authority (BSA) under the Broadcasting Act 1989.
- Performing rights and artist copy right or royalty fees to OneMusic NZ.