Cancel your direct debit
You can cancel your direct debit at any time in the Register of Radio Frequencies (RRF).
Before we can cancel your direct debit
Before we cancel your direct debit, we need to first check if you have any further charges like pending fees or invoices you need to pay:
- If you have a pending fees, we’ll invoice you at the end of the month and deduct payment on the 20th of the month following.
- If you cancel your direct debit in a month that your invoice has been processed for payment, you’ll need to contact us to arrange payment. We can either deduct the invoiced amount from your bank account on the 20th of the month, or have you pay the invoice by another method, like credit card of internet banking.
- If you don’t have any pending fees or invoices, we’ll cancel your direct debit. We’ll send you an email confirming this.
You can initiate your direct debit cancellation by following this process. You then need to contact us to discuss an alternative payment arrangement for your licences.
- Log on to the RRF(external link) with your username and password. Your name appears in the top left of screen.
- Select Logon Details > Change your Client Details from the main menu. Your details appear on screen.
- Click the Direct Debit Details link in the left-hand menu. Your bank details display on screen. The status is ticked ‘Direct Debit Active’.
- Tick No for the status. This will deactivate your direct debit.
- Select [Save]. You'll get a message asking you to confirm the cancellation.
- Select Yes. The Maintain Client Details screen opens. You'll get a message confirming your direct debit has been cancelled.
Your request to cancel your direct debit may take time to action depending on any future charges generated for payment.
You need to make sure you have sufficient funds in your bank account to cover any invoices due for payment on the 20th of the month. If the 20th falls on a Saturday or Sunday, your payment is deducted on the next business day.
You can reapply for the direct debit payment option at any time.