Request transfer - Rightholder only
You can transfer a spectrum licence by submitting an online Form 9 'Notice of transfer of spectrum licence' in the . The Rightholder must start this process.
- Log on to the Register of Radio Frequencies(external link) (RRF) using your username and password.
- Select Manage Licences > Spectrum Licence Forms > Transfer Spectrum Licence menu. The Search Licence to Transfer screen displays.
- enter the details of the licence you want to transfer, or
- leave the search fields blank to see a full list of your current licences.
- Select [Search].
- Click the radio button next to the licence you want to transfer and then click [Select]. The Form 9 (incomplete) screen opens. (This is the online Notice of transfer of spectrum licence Form 9 that you need to complete. The form is allocated it's own unique ID.)
Note: You can only select one licence to transfer at a time.
- Fill in the form as follows:
- Enter the transfer dollar amount, excluding GST.
- Click [Find] to search for the client you want to transfer the licence to. The client's details will be populated in Form 9. If the client doesn't exist in the RRF, contact us
- Click [Submit Form 9] to submit your Form 9 transfer to the RRF.
- You'll get a pop-up box asking if you want to proceed with the transfer. Select OK to continue. The Form 9 (Awaiting Registrar) screen opens showing that your transfer has been lodged and is date/time stamped and given a unique instrument number.
Note: An incomplete Form 9 will automatically discard after 1 month.