Decline a spectrum transfer
You can decline a spectrum transfer Form 9 'Notice of transfer of spectrum licence' in the Register of Radio Frequencies (RRF).
What you need to know
When you decline a spectrum licence transfer, it's the submitted Form 9 you are declining — before the licensing Manager actions it.
Only the Manager of the licence in the Management Right can decline a Form 9, but it needs both the Manager and Rightholder to complete the process.
This process has 2 parts:
- Start decline transfer form process — the Manager.
- Decline transfer form process — the Rightholder.
Start decline transfer form process — the Manager
- Log on to the Register of Radio Frequencies(external link) (RRF) using your username and password.
- Select Manage Licences > Spectrum Licence Forms > Manage Spectrum Licence Forms from the main menu. The Manage Forms screen opens with a list of forms queued with a status 'Awaiting Manager'.
- Click the Form ID link. The Form 9 (Awaiting Manager) screen displays. The Form 9 (Awaiting Manager) screen re-displays. You'll get a pop-up box asking if you want to decline the transfer. The 'Form 9 (Declined By Manager)' screen displays with the reason.
- Enter your reason for declining the transfer and select Continue. If you don't enter a reason, only the Cancel button will display. The Continue button will appear as soon as you begin typing.
- We'll send the Rightholder an email advising that the transfer has been declined.
Decline transfer form process — the Rightholder
You'll get an email once the Manager has declined a licence transfer. To complete the process, you need to:
- Follow the instructions you received in the email to open the Manage Forms screen in the RRF.
- Click the Form ID link of the licence status Declined By Manager. This opens the Form 9 (Declined By Manager) screen. You'll see the reason the Manager declined the transfer at the bottom of this screen.
- Decide whether to:
- Re-submit the form, by updating any necessary details then selecting [Notify Manager]. The Manager will either submit the form to the Registrar or decline your request.
- Select [Discard Form] to completely remove it from the RRF.
- Select [Back] to return to the Manage Forms screen. You can select another menu, or log off.
Note: A submitted Form 9 has a time limit of one month in Manager’s work queue. If you don't take action, we'll send the Manager an email reminder prior to the one-month expiry.