Step 2: Prepare a product description
You must prepare a product description for each product you want to supply.
What you need a product description for
You’ll need to keep a product description for:
- all radio products under Level of Conformity 1
- any EMC products under Level of Conformity 1 you choose to label
- all level 2, 3, A1, A2 and A3 products.
The product description must have enough information for a person to determine whether the product is the same as a product for which a declaration of conformity was prepared.
What a product description should include
A product description should include:
- details of what the product is used for
- the product’s brand name and model number
- a list of modular pieces or accessories packaged with the product, if relevant
- the product’s installation manual.
Publicity brochures are often used as product descriptions. These generally contain:
- a clear photo of the product
- a circuit diagram
- the user manual or specifications.