Get a licence to supply radio equipment
With this licence you can import and/or supply radio transmitting equipment in New Zealand.
About this licence
With this licence you can import and/or supply radio equipment by way of sale, exchange, lease or hire-purchase. You can also apply for an endorsement to supply unrestricted two-way radios, used in amateur radio operations.
$0.00 — there's no charge for this licence.
If you're granted a licence to supply radio equipment, you must:
- follow the conditions on your licence, and
- provide monthly returns of your imports and sales (or a nil return that covers your transactions), including the:
- name of the supplier
- licence number of the ‘Licence to supply radio transmitters’
- details of the person you supplied the equipment to, including:
- their name, callsign, address and phone number
- the date the equipment was supplied, and
- the make, model and serial number of the equipment.
- Complete and submit the relevant application form, for a individual or business supplier:
- Follow the instructions in the email we send you to activate your account in the Register of Radio Frequencies (RRF).
- Log into the RRF and select Licence to Supply from the main menu.
- Enter your details and [Save]. You're now set up as a user in the RRF.
We'll set you up as a registered supplier in the Register of Radio Frequencies (Register). You'll get a ‘Licence to supply’ Client ID.
You'll also get an emailed activation code to set up your username and password. If you misplace your activation code you can request a new one.
Import and supply of unrestricted two-way radios
Once you have a licence to supply, you can apply for an endorsement to import and supply unrestricted two-way radios to the amateur market. To apply, email email@example.com.
If approved, we'll endorse your licence by adding special conditions that you must meet.