Current expressions of interest
On this page
RSM invites interested parties to apply for licences for commercial AM and FM sound broadcasting. This follows a Ministerial directive after Auction 13. To apply for licences, you need to use an Approved Radio Engineer.
We will notify interested parties of the licences applied for. Notification will be via our website and the RSM Business Update newsletter.
Licence available for current expressions of interest:
- Main St. Methven (Canterbury) 100.5 MHz, licence ID 209623, reserve price: $1,510 incl. GST.
Radio Spectrum Management is seeking expressions of interest in this commercial FM licence, closing 5pm on 6 January 2020.
How to make an expression of interest
To express your interest in purchasing a licence, email firstname.lastname@example.org and provide us with the following information:
- your name
- the name of the entity you represent
- your contact details (phone number, email address and postal address), and
- an indication of which licence(s) you specifically wish to purchase.
We will then assess the expressions of interest and decide how to allocate the licences. Allocation may be by direct sale or by a competitive allocation process.
You can view full licence data for the licences via the Register of Radio Frequencies (RRF)(external link).
The licence purchase:
- will be subject to the execution of a licence agreement with the Crown
- is likely to include implementation requirements.
If you have questions, email email@example.com. If RSM considers the answers to questions are of interest to other potential purchasers, then they will be published on this webpage.
RSM reserves the right to amend or cancel the Expression of Interest process at any time.