1700-2300 MHz Discussion document for Consultation
RSM seeks public comment on our proposals for sub-bands of the 1700-2300 MHz band.
The management rights (MR) for the 1700-2300 MHz band expire on 31 March 2021. To achieve this, RSM published a discussion document at the end of February 2020.
In May 2018, RSM decided not to renew MRs in the specified sub-bands as it was determined that they were being under-utilised: we are now seeking more comprehensive use of these frequencies.
We are recommending that the different sub-bands be used for wireless microphones, for fixed links, and for space operations. Moreover, in the so-called band expansion pairing we are still exploring options and so are seeking views from the public on how to best use this sub-band.
The deadline for public comments is 29 May 2020. A decision document will follow and we will be making recommendations later this year.
Submissions closed at 5 pm on Friday, 29 May 2020
(having been extended from 17 April 2020 due to the pandemic lockdown in New Zealand).
Twenty-eight submissions were received:
- Association of Professional Wireless Production Technologies (APWPT) [PDF, 291 KB]
- Columbia Scientific Balloon Facility (CSBF) [PDF, 104 KB]
- Commercial Small-Satellite Spectrum Management Association (CSSMA) [PDF, 163 KB]
- Dawn Aerospace [PDF, 230 KB]
- Echostar [PDF, 125 KB]
- Huawei [PDF, 596 KB]
- Kepler Communications [PDF, 204 KB]
- Kordia [PDF, 366 KB]
- KSAT Global [PDF, 730 KB]
- Maritime New Zealand [PDF, 232 KB]
- Microsoft - SES [PDF, 148 KB]
- Nokia NZ [PDF, 214 KB]
- NSL [PDF, 116 KB]
- NZDF [PDF, 312 KB]
- Omnispace [PDF, 286 KB]
- Pacific AV [PDF, 152 KB]
- Planet Labs [PDF, 364 KB]
- Sennheiser ANZ [PDF, 1.2 MB]
- Shure New Zealand [PDF, 359 KB]
- Sky [PDF, 170 KB]
- SkyFive [PDF, 256 KB]
- Soundwise Ltd [PDF, 267 KB]
- Southland Regional Development Agency (Great South) [PDF, 213 KB]
- Spark [PDF, 218 KB]
- Two Degrees [PDF, 184 KB]
- Vodafone NZ [PDF, 269 KB]
- Wireless Users New Zealand (WUNZ) [PDF, 155 KB]
A twenty-eighth submission was received before the deadline and is being withheld due to its commercial sensitivity.