Search clients in the RRF
A step-by-step guide for searching for clients in the Register of Radio Frequencies (RRF).
When searching for a client in the RRF, note the following criteria.
Your search does not return a result
Broaden or lessen your search criteria by following the points below
A person does not return a result
Ensure to search both the first and last name of that person.
What you need to be aware of when searching for a client in the RRF
- A minimum of three characters must be specified
- People and organisations have
- unfamiliar names such as Zhang Li Chi, OR
- names are spelt differently, such as Stuart, Stewart, Stuert, or McKenzie, MacKenzie, or McNabb, McNab, MacNab,
- abbreviated names such as Dept instead of Department, or NZ instead of New Zealand
- Misspelt names.
- Alphanumeric names such as 4RF.
- Hyphenated names, such as Cooke-Willis.
- Multiple client numbers for organisations such as Telecom, and Vodafone.
- Organisation name changes and buy-outs, such as Fonterra used to be the NZ Dairy Board, and Fonterra bought out Mainland and Tip Top.
- An Organisation name may differ to the Billing name
A new client must be a legal entity. The RSM publication Legal entities for the purposes of the Radiocommunications Act 1989 (PIB 47) explains the legal entity status.
Follow the steps below to search for a client in the Register.
Go to the RRF by clicking on the Register of Radio Frequencies (RRF)(external link) link on the RSM homepage.
- You do not need to Logon to search the register.
From the Search the Register option click Search Clients.
You have an option to either:
- search by client name
- search by client number
The following example is searching by client name:
- Click the arrow next to Organisation Name and choose an option. (Tip: Contains provides greater search options)
- Type the first three or four letters of the name.
- Click Search or Enter from the keyboard.
If a client has multiple client numbers then choose carefully.
The Maintain Client Details screen displays the client result.
Click the link to view the client’s address and contact details.
Click any link highlighted to view further details of client addresses and contacts.
Click Back twice to return to the Client Search results screen.