Create a spectrum licence
A step-by-step guide for approved radio engineers and certifiers to create, certify, confirm and submit a new spectrum licence (Form 7) in the Register of Radio Frequencies.
On this page
This guide details the procedure for Approved Radio Engineer’s (AREs), to create a spectrum licence (Form 7) online in the Register of Radio Frequencies (the RRF) without the need to create any physical paperwork. It includes the steps required to confirm a spectrum licence application on behalf of a client.
Create a spectrum licence - high level steps
- Log into the RRF using RealMe.
- Select Apply/Create > Licence to display the ‘Apply for a New Licence’ screen.
- Enter name of the Client and select the Licence type and complete other mandatory fields.
- Search for and enter the Management Right.
- Click Submit.
- Craft the spectrum licence.
- Certify and review the details.
- Confirm the licence.
- Client Band Manager approves the licence.
- Pay for the licence.
- Receive an email to advise the spectrum licence has been registered.
Download the document
Training video: Spectrum Forms
Showcases how forms for spectrum management rights work on the RFF.