Apply to be a direct debit client
You can set up a direct debit to pay your annual licence fees. You need to logon to the Register of Radio Frequencies (RRF) to do this.
About paying by direct debit
Direct debit is a method of payment where you give us authority to take an invoiced amount of money from your nominated bank account to pay your licence fees on the 20th of the month.
You need to be a registered client to set up a direct debit payment for you or your organisation. You can do this anytime.
We email an invoice to you at the end of the month. Check that your email address is current to receive your invoice..
Make sure you have sufficient funds in your bank account to cover the payment. Your nominated bank will deduct the invoiced amount on the 20th of the following month. If the 20th falls on a weekend or public holiday, the payment is processed the next business day.
We reserve the right to deactivate your direct debit as a payment option if the debit fails to be paid within an acceptable time-frame. You will have to pay your fees by another payment method.
How to apply
Have your bank details handy before you start the process.
- Logon to the RRF(external link) with your username and password. Your name appears in the top left of screen.
- Select Logon Details > Change your Client Details from the main menu. Your details appear on screen.
- Click the Direct Debit Details link in the left-hand menu. A blank Bank Details form opens.
- Complete this form and update your email addresses if needed. We send emails to this address.
- Add an Invoice Reference - optional. This will appear on your invoice.
- Select [Save]. You're asked to confirm your bank details.
- Select Yes to continue. You'll get instructions to complete the next stage of your application.
- You'll also get an email with a Direct Debit Authority form attached. Complete this form and post it back to us. Use the postal address provided on the form.
We'll activate your direct debit once we’ve received your Direct Debit Authority form. We'll advise you when this is done. Until then, you can pay fees by another method, like credit card or internet banking.
We send emails to you when your licence payment is due. Check that your email address is correct by updating your client record.