Cancel a radio licence
You can cancel your own radio licence anytime in the Register of Radio Frequencies (RRF).
On this page
Cancelling your licence
If possible, it's best to cancel unwanted licences before renewal, so that you don't pay for them.
Warning: When a licence is cancelled it cannot be reactivated. If you cancel a licence in error you will need to Find an ARC or ARE to re-engineer and certify a new licence for you.
To cancel your radio licence, choose one of the following options:
Cancel a radio licence if fees are paid up
- Go to the Register of Radio Frequencies (RRF)(external link) and login using RealMe.
- Select the role or client you are a delegated user for.
- Select Maintain > Licence > Cancel from the menu. The ‘Cancel licence’ screen displays.
- Search for the licence in the Licence to be cancelled section.
- Select the radio licence(s) you require in the search results.
- Click Cancel Selected Licence(s). A message displays advising the selected licence(s) will be cancelled permanently and any associated licences will also be cancelled and cannot be reactivated.
- Click Yes to the message to continue. A message displays to advise the selected licence(s) successfully cancelled.
- An email notifying cancellation of the primary licence(s) will be sent to the email address on your client record.
Cancel a radio licence if your fees are due
If you notice there is one or more licences you no longer need during the renewal process, you can cancel these licences. Take a note of their numbers, if required. You can then continue to pay the licences you want to keep.
- Follow the steps above to cancel the radio licence(s).
- An email notifying cancellation will be sent to the email address on your client record.
- A credit note will be emailed to you if you cancel a licence that is already invoiced for renewal.
- You can now pay for the licences you want to keep. Refer to Renew your licence.
Cancel a spectrum licence
If you have a spectrum licence to cancel, you’ll have to do this separately. Refer to Cancel a spectrum licence.