How to retune your Freeview|HD® equipment
Please select the type and manufacturer of Freeview HD receiver that you have to obtain the retuning guide for your device.
Guidelines for retuning
Here are some helpful guidelines but remember every model of Freeview|HD® digital set-top box or television with Freeview|HD® built in will be a little bit different so it’s best to either refer to a specific retuning guide or to your operating manual (see below).
- Switch on your Freeview|HD® digital set-top box or your television with Freeview|HD® built in and press 'menu' on the remote control. Select the 'set up' or 'installation' option
- Select ‘full retuning’, 'digital auto tuning' or similar (some equipment may require you to select ‘first time installation’, 'factory reset' or 'default settings').
- Press ‘OK’ if your equipment warns that you will delete your existing channels. Don't worry this is normal. The equipment will find new channels.
- If you are prompted for a code, consult your manual. Common codes are 0000 or 1234.
- Channels will automatically be installed. This may take a few minutes and your equipment may shut down and restart.
If the retuning process does not restore all television channels, you may need to contact your equipment manufacturer or a local service company for assistance.
View through Computer
If you view Freeview|HD® through a computer using a digita l television tuner, you will need to retune through the programme settings.
If you have problems after retuning, please see our trouble shoo ting guide for further information.