Five-Year Spectrum Outlook 2022-2026
RSM has released the Draft Five-Year Spectrum Outlook 2022-2026 (the Draft Outlook) for public consultation.
This document sets out RSM’s thoughts on the main technology and spectrum management trends over the next five years and the implications for spectrum management in Aotearoa New Zealand. We invite you to have your say.
It also highlights work programme priorities and indicates that the top two priorities are:
- enabling the nationwide roll-out of 5G services and
- working towards an enduring agreement between Māori and the Crown on spectrum interests.
Have your say
Please have your say on the Draft Outlook. In particular, we are seeking feedback on whether this document has:
- Identified the range of technological advancements and probable new demands relevant to New Zealand
- Prioritised the right issues that we will need to actively manage through our work programme (to the extent this is possible to predict now)
- Please also get in touch if this document has missed any matters that should be covered
Following review of this feedback, a final Outlook will be published.
Feedback should be submitted in writing, no later than 5pm on 28 February 2021:
By email: (preferred option)
Subject line: “5 Year Spectrum Outlook”
Or by post:
Draft Five Year Spectrum Outlook 2022-2026
Radio Spectrum Management Policy and Planning
Ministry of Business, Innovation and Employment
PO Box 2847