Home > Licensing > Types of licences > Meteorological aids and meteorological radar licences
Document Actions

Meteorological aids and meteorological radar licences

Who does this licence apply to?

  • Persons or other legal entities that own and operate radio transmitting equipment for the purposes of meteorological, including hydrological, observations and exploration.

What are meteorological aids?

  • Meteorological aid equipment generally refer to radiosondes, but may include dropsondes and rocketsondes.
  • Meteorological radars refer to ground based weather radars, and wind profiler radars.

Applying for a meteorological aid licence

You can apply for a meteorological aid or radar licence by contacting an approved radio engineer or certifier.

For applicable licence fees refer to the fees schedule.

Last updated 2 May 2017