This page details the documentation each supplier is required to maintain in compliance documentation for each product they are supplying to the market.
Supplier documentation may be in hard copy or electronic and must be available to Radio Spectrum Management within 10 working days of a written request being made.
The following sets out the required documentation as it applies to each level of conformity:
- Test report or other reasonable documented evidence proving compliance with an applicable standard. The documentation must be in English, be held at suppliers place of business in New Zealand (if in hard copy) and be retained for five years after the supplier has ceased to supply the market. Any variants of the product must be included in the evidence.
- Required for Levels 1, 2, A1, A2
- Test report from Accredited Laboratory proving compliance with an applicable standard. The documentation must be in English, be held at suppliers place of business in New Zealand (if in hard copy) and be retained for five years after the supplier has ceased to supply the market. Any variants of the product must be included in the evidence.
- Required for Levels 3 and A3
- Product description typically this would be a publicity brochure. It should contain a photograph, circuit diagram, user manual or specifications and clearly identify with the product detailed on the supplier declaration.
- Required for Levels 2, 3, A1, A2, and A3. If a supplier choses to label an EMC product under Level 1 then the product description is required. All radio products under level 1 require a product description.
- Supplier's Declaration of Conformity (SDoC)
- Required for Levels 2, 3, A1, A2, and A3. If a supplier choses to label a Level 1 EMC product then they must have a Supplier Declaration of Conformity (SDoC). All radio products under Level 1 must have a Supplier Declaration of Conformity
Supplier's Declaration of Conformity (DoC)
Must be completed as follows for new suppliers from 1 March 2013
- Name of Supplier
- New Zealand address for supplier
- Company number of GST number (if applicable)
- Suppliers New Zealand contact information (phone fax or e-mail)
- New Zealand suppliers ERAC number
- Product details as applicable, brand, model, batch, serial number, description and function
- Applicable standard(s)
- Test report or other identifier
- Transmitter power and frequency or frequency range for radio transmitters
- The declaration of conformity being this statement “ I hereby declare that the product to which this declaration of conformity relates complies with the mentioned standard(s) and all products supplied under this Declaration will be identical to the sample identified in this Declaration”
- The name of the person responsible for making the declaration of conformity, and the nature of their authority to make the statement in relation to the product
- Date the declaration was made.
Suppliers of radio transmitters – Licence to Supply Radio apparatus
New Zealand suppliers of radio transmitters are required to have a Licence to Supply Radio Transmitters. This licence is free.