SMART tip #7
How to create an invoice
You can create an invoice from the Fee Payment screen in SMART after you have logged on with your User Name and Password. How the Fee Payment screen is accessed is dependent on what you are paying for:
- Applications for new licences or modifications to existing licences: select the Licence Applications / Manage Licence Applications menu then select the appropriate application number. Select the [Confirm] button.
- Radio licence transfer: select the Manage Licences / Confirm Radio Licence Transfer menu. Select the licences(s) and then the [Confirm Transfer] button. Note – depending on the situation, there may be no fees to pay.
- Annual licence fee renewal: select the Manage Licences / Pay Annual Licence Fees menu. Note – it is advisable to reconcile your licences first before creating an invoice for your licence fee renewals.
If you created an invoice before determining that there were unwanted licences, the invoice must be paid in full before any licences are cancelled - the invoice cannot be part-paid.
Follow these instructions to create an invoice:
- On the Fee Payment screen the default is Choose a payment option. If you require an invoice, select the Create an invoice now option.
Note – you can change the name and address that is printed on the invoice by selecting the Change details hyperlink prior to creating the invoice. This will also allow you to add a reference note if required e.g. a purchase order number.
Note – any changes you make will only apply to this invoice.
After the name and/or address have been updated, select the Confirm Changes button.
- Select the Create Invoice Now button.
- The screen will show Your tax invoice has been created…
- Select the Download hyperlink to view a PDF of your invoice. You can save this invoice to your file system and/or print it.
- After the invoice has been “approved” for payment by your business, you can return to SMART and pay the invoice online to obtain a discount. Please see How do I pay for licence fees for more detail.