Provided a supplier has an office or an agent in New Zealand, the supplier can register with ERAC for a Supplier Number.
A label indicates that the product complies with the applicable standards and establishes a traceable link between a product and the supplier responsible for placing it on the market.
Where a product is in a class to which level of conformity 1, 2 and 3 applies, the compliance label consists of:
- the RCM
Where a product is a radio transmitter in a class to which level of conformity A1, A2 or A3 applies, the product must be labelled with “R-NZ”.
Supplier identification means any of the following:
- when used in conjunction with the C-tick, the supplier’s supplier code number;
- when used in conjunction with the RCM, the supplier’s RCM registration number;
- the supplier’s name, address and place of business in New Zealand;
- the supplier’s New Zealand Company Number; or
- the supplier’s registered trademark.
The label must be legibly and durably applied on the external surface of the product. The compliance mark must be no smaller than 3mm in diameter and the supplier identification characters must be no less than 1mm in height.
Download the RCM [101 kB ZIP]
Conditions applying to the use of the label on products can be found in the Radiocommunications (Compliance) Notice 2013.